<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Medicare for All

Pete Geilich, friend, one-time colleague and occasional contributor to this blog has reached a conclusion about how health care ought to be paid for. Here it is:
……………………………

The more I think about it, it seems to me that the existing Medicare program needs to just be expanded to everyone. It is well-managed and cost efficient. There could still be supplemental insurance for folks that want it and can afford it to provide for deductibles and special services and Medicaid to cover those who can not pay the deductibles. What clout a national program would have on costs and, I believe, quality. I continue to be concerned about the high cost of end of life care - my mother-in-law died last year comfortably, because we had a palliative MD attend to her when it was obvious she would not have any sort of quality of life and was miserable being out of control with her basic bodily functions. Rarely did I see that as a hospital CEO.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com