<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 16, 2005

More on the Mayo Clinic, Council Bluffs Police, and IT

Herewith comments from consultant and fellow U of C alum John Kelly:
……………………………

Okay Richard, I have to admit that the note on the Council Bluffs Police Department vs Mayo Clinic online appointments is both accurate and witty. However, as I’m sure you know, this is not limited to just Mayo. Most of the ‘big boys’ in the medical world are leagues behind the rest of the country in basic notions of customer service and using the power of the computer.

Now, having taken my parents to Mayo on several occasions for the visits to the doctor I am amazed at how backward Mayo is with simple customer conveniences. Note please that my father was a practicing Mayo physician for over 40 years and now find himself in the unenviable position of being a patient…he is aghast at the service (or lack thereof).

One simple reason explains this (in my humble opinion) – simple arrogance.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com